Chris Pratt Addresses Star-Lord's Absence From AVENGERS: DOOMSDAY Cast Announcement - "I'm Sure It Was There"

The fate of Chris Pratt’s Guardians of the Galaxy character Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, was left up in the air after the third film’s post-credits scene. The Guardians as we knew them were disbanded and some went on a new journey with a reconfigured crew, while Quill went back to Earth to reunite with his grandparents. The last shot of the post-credits scene featuring Pratt said Star-Lord would be back one day, we just don’t know when that will be. So far, it doesn’t look like he will be headlining the upcoming ensemble event film Avengers: Doomsday, as his name wasn’t in the cast list rollout video, but Marvel has confirmed that there are still more names to come. Pratt responded to his absence though, in a funny interview with Collider after being asked about the lack of his named chair in the video. Pratt said:“I don’t know! I think it was, like, far off. They must have cut away from it. I don’t know what happened. I don’t know. It was there. I’m sure it was there.”It’s unknown when Star-Lord will return, but we will keep an eye out for him. So far, some of the characters included in the upcoming film include X-Men stars like Patrick Stewart (Charles Xavier / Professor X), Ian McKellen (Magneto), Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler), Rebecca Romijn (Mystique), James Marsden (Cyclops), and Kelsey Grammer (Beast).Other actors named were Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Anthony Mackie (Captain America), Vanessa Kirby (Susan Storm), Paul Rudd (Ant-Man), and Florence Pugh (Yelena).Avengers: Doomsday is set to hit theaters on May 1, 2026, and Avengers: Secret Wars is scheduled to release in May 2027.via: Deadline

Apr 4, 2025 - 19:30
 0
Chris Pratt Addresses Star-Lord's Absence From AVENGERS: DOOMSDAY Cast Announcement - "I'm Sure It Was There"

The fate of Chris Pratt’s Guardians of the Galaxy character Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, was left up in the air after the third film’s post-credits scene.

The Guardians as we knew them were disbanded and some went on a new journey with a reconfigured crew, while Quill went back to Earth to reunite with his grandparents. The last shot of the post-credits scene featuring Pratt said Star-Lord would be back one day, we just don’t know when that will be.

So far, it doesn’t look like he will be headlining the upcoming ensemble event film Avengers: Doomsday, as his name wasn’t in the cast list rollout video, but Marvel has confirmed that there are still more names to come.

Pratt responded to his absence though, in a funny interview with Collider after being asked about the lack of his named chair in the video. Pratt said:

“I don’t know! I think it was, like, far off. They must have cut away from it. I don’t know what happened. I don’t know. It was there. I’m sure it was there.”

It’s unknown when Star-Lord will return, but we will keep an eye out for him.

So far, some of the characters included in the upcoming film include X-Men stars like Patrick Stewart (Charles Xavier / Professor X), Ian McKellen (Magneto), Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler), Rebecca Romijn (Mystique), James Marsden (Cyclops), and Kelsey Grammer (Beast).

Other actors named were Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Anthony Mackie (Captain America), Vanessa Kirby (Susan Storm), Paul Rudd (Ant-Man), and Florence Pugh (Yelena).

Avengers: Doomsday is set to hit theaters on May 1, 2026, and Avengers: Secret Wars is scheduled to release in May 2027.

via: Deadline